Regardless of what we want to believe in the media, the consensus is that we need to make some changes in our lifestyles if we want to preserve the well-being of our earth. It is no surprise that many people are really starting to care about the environment and planet as a whole.
Below are some helpful tips on how you can put in your two cents:
- Conserve Water: Take a look at all your toilets and faucets in the house. If any toilets run much longer than they should adjust them so they are a bit more efficient. If you have a faucet or sink that drips, fix it. Those little drips can really add up.
- Eat more Locally and Organic: Large corporate farms add to the overall destruction of our planet. Many rainforests are leveled in order to raise beef and cattle. Try reaching out to your local farmers and get some of your groceries locally from a homegrown source.
- Use Organic Cleaners: Organic cleaners have almost zero pollutants and are much better for not just the environment but also you and your family. Think about your pets which walk across the floor then lick their paws. Organic cleaners are better to use at any given moment.
- Reuse Plastics and Packaging: Throwing away plastic wrappings ads greatly to the amount of landfill toxins that seep into our soil every year. Whenever possible if you use plastic bags try reusing them for something else. If you take a look around your home you will most likely uncover a new possible way to reuse the bag.
- Public Transport: Do you live in or near a city and have access to the public transportation system? Try taking a bus or subway a few times per week. This will help in reducing the amount of vehicle pollutants in the air.
- Energy Efficient Bulbs: Energy efficient bulbs can really help in reducing your electric payment every single month. Regular bulbs give off a tremendous amount of heat only utilizing more and more power. Energy efficient bulbs stay cool to the touch requiring very little energy to light.
- Quit Smoking: Second hand smoke is a very strong pollutant that adds to our rising global warming problem every year. By stopping smoking you not only save your planet but also yourself.
- Line Dry: During the summer months or when you can try line drying your clothes. This will tremendously cut back on the amount of power and energy your home is using.
- Donate: Instead of throwing out old electrical products, try donating them to goodwill first. This will reduce the amount of plastic products we have at landfills and help someone who might need what you were just about to throw away. view additional tips and details at http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/residents-brand-swadlincote-cardboard-recycling-debate-as-eggboxgate/story-30381288-detail/story.html
- Use Ceiling Fans: Ceilings fans use a small fraction of the amount of power an air conditioner uses and many times will give the same effect. Try flicking your ceiling fan on first next time you want to cool down. If it doesn’t help after you have exhausted that option than turn the air conditioning on for a short time.